Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Vertical Gardening

 Update August 2022:


I first made this post about the Garden Tower, and I still haven't gotten to buy one yet, but I am finally starting to grow my own food, so I'm ready.  BUT.... I have decided to purchase one of these, instead of the Garden Tower, because my friend (who told me about the Garden Tower) told me she got one of these and she RAVES about it. She said she likes it even better than the garden tower because the bottom tiers don't get too dried out. She said it's super easy to use, and spin around (if you get the base with wheels), and everything gets evenly watered.




  








GreenStalk Planter Harvest



I might also get one of these because it's less expensive. If it works as well as the other one mentioned above, I might get more. I want to be able to grow ALL of my own food, in a relatively small space, so I plan to get more of these, but want to first figure out which one is the best. Will see!

















Garden Tower 2 - The Composting 50 Plant Organic Container Garden







Originally I had wanted one of these.... and I would still like to get one at some point, but will probably try the Garden Tower 2 first. I love the idea of being able to throw compost into these, and feed red wriggler worms!

'


I am also a big fan of John Kohler at www.GrowingYourGreens.com, and he recommends this one, but honestly, I will probably just go straight for the Garden Tower 2 first.




This is another tower type garden I saw on Amazon that is a bit more affordable, and it also had really good reviews. Something to keep in mind.







Huge 5 Tier Maple GreenStalk Patio Vegetable Planter with Internal Watering System Grows Strawberries, Vegetables, Herbs, & Flowers



















I will post pics when I am finally able to get one of these types of tower gardens. Would be nice to grow some catnip for the kitties on the lower levels, too : )





















No comments:

Post a Comment