Wednesday, March 19, 2025

Why I really want to promote soil remediation

I started to become really interested with water and soil remediation back in 2015, when I began selling medical grade water ionizers. I wanted to learn everything that I could, about the toxins in our water supply, and I did a lot of research on Hexavalent Chromium, which is present in a LOT of water supplies in Silicon Valley. So, I made a blog to teach people how to look up toxins in their own water supply. I also did a page about Hinkley's groundwater contamination

These days, the contamination of our soil and groundwater, as you can see if you look at this page about PFAS contamination (and how it can RUIN peoples' lives)!

It's so disturbing to see how many corporations get away with poisoning our food, as well as our waters, rivers, lakes, air, and soil. I've felt this injustice on a personal level, since Jeanne was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. It was only after her death that I learned the place she lived at on North Whisman in Mountain view, had been labeled as a Superfund site!  

The groundwater contamination had been so bad, thanks to the fact that Intel used to dump all kinds of toxic chemicals that leached into Silicon Valley's groundwater (namely, Mountain View). I never would have known any of this if Jeanne's neighbor hadn't told me about the superfund status. She also told me that it was so toxic, the people running the Google campus across the street didn't allow pregnant women to work on the first floor of the building!

She also told me that whenever she or her neighbors would try to do posts on NextDoor, about the groundwater contamination, those posts would mysteriously disappear. I felt that same kind of censorship during the Covid pandemic, when I'd try to let people know the truth about what was really going on. I couldn't help but wonder if someone, somewhere, was getting paid to delete posts that pushed back against the narrative. 

I saw a TV clip on YouTube where a soil scientist was trying to clean up the groundwater, close to Jeanne's old place, with Poplar trees. You can see a video here:

 

I also want to mention that I have a friend who lived in a different of Mountain View. She told me about 10 years ago that every one of her neighbors had come down with some form of cancer, and she, too, ended up developing cancer. Could it be related to the toxins that are present in Mountain view, because companies like Intel dumped toxic waste into the ground, and it leached into the soil and groundwater? Really makes you wonder.   

Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) is a synthetic chemical that's used to make products resistant to water, grease, soil, and stainsIt's also known as a perfluorinated alkylated substance (PFAS). 
How PFOA is used Non-stick cookware, Protective coatings for carpets and fabrics, Paper and cardboard food packaging, Firefighting foams, and Ski wax. 
Health concerns
  • The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified PFOA as "carcinogenic to humans" 
  • Exposure to PFOA has been linked to: 
    • Kidney cancer 
    • Testicular cancer 
    • Thyroid disease 
    • High cholesterol 
    • Ulcerative colitis 
    • Pregnancy-induced hypertension 
Environmental and human health effects
  • PFOA is very persistent in the environment 
  • PFOA remains in people for a very long time 
  • PFOA can make its way into breast milk and be passed to a nursing child 
PFOA in the U.S.

  • PFOA production has been phased out nationwide, but continues in other countries 
  • PFOA has been found in low levels in drinking water, household dust, some foods, and blood 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment