Sunday, December 1, 2024

Our Tropical Hawaiian Hot Tub

I can't wait to build this. 

Growing up in Hawaii, I was used to smelling the most heavenly fragrances from the different tropical flowers that are used in Hawai'i to make leis. My Mom has sewed thousands of leis in her lifetime, and she loved making leis from flowers that are deeply fragrant. You can see in the picture below, some of the fragrant flowers I grew up with. 



After growing up with these fragrant flowers, their scent is so soothing for me. So I can't help thinking that it would feel like heaven, to be in a nice, warm hot tub, being able to smell a whole variety of these fragrant flowers at the same time.

I learned that some tropical flowers actually grow pretty well in Jeanne's Garden. One year I actually grew enough white Hawaiian ginger to make a flower lei! I took lots of photos of the ginger, and someone contacted me to ask if would be ok to use my photos on the packaging for those small, packaged Hawaiian ginger plants you can buy at airports in Hawai'i!



Although I've been able to grow a few different varieties of tropical flowers, I know they'd really thrive in a more humid environment. So, I thought, a hot tub in a greenhouse could be a great way to keep the heat in, Then I came up with the idea for a Hawaiian Paradise Hot Tub. 

What a win-win situation, to be able to grow fragrant Hawaiian flowers in an enclosed greenhouse environment, while allowing people to take a nice dip at the same time! All the water from the tub could be drained back into the garden to feed the plants!




I have lots more pictures and information that I'm going to add to this blog, but this is what I have for now : ).


No comments:

Post a Comment