Monday, November 25, 2024

How to Grow Kale SUPER CHEAP - Grow a Kale / Collard Tree!

 I learned about Collard Trees / Kale Trees, many years ago, after watching a video about it from John Kohler on GrowingYourGreens.com.  I was spending a LOT of money on Kale, for juicing, at the time (if you do this, just be sure not to overdo it because of the oxalates).  Seems like a great way to grow lots of kale at an affordable price!

When I got my first plant, I went all the way to Richmond, California, to visit Annie's Annuals, to get it. I love Annie's Annuals and it was worth the trip, but that's about a $20 expense when you add up the cost of gass plus an east bay bridge toll. Lucily, I learned that I could order a kale tree (small one) from my local nursery that's just a few blocks away. It took a few months for them to get it special ordered, as they didn't have it in stock, but I wasn't in a rush so it was worth the wait. 



 There are a lot more videos about collard trees / kale trees, from GrowingYourGreens.com:

https://www.youtube.com/@growingyourgreens/search?query=kale%20tree




















No comments:

Post a Comment